Friday, May 29, 2009

My Goals for This Summer:

This week was my first week off school and I'm really liking it. I do go to work though because I really would like to have some money for summer time and it's not so bad, well it wasn't so bad until yesterday. I had a girl cuss AT me for the first time. I wasn't so torn up by it but it did feel weird. I'm used to my students loving me and asking me questions and being nice to me but this one girl who I don't usually work with obviously doesn't like me. Oh well, I bet I'll get students like her all the time when I'm a teacher. Anyways, since work wasn't so great yesterday and I did this last year because Nadia did it, I started thinking about what I want to do AFTER school gets out and here is what I've come up with:

1. Go bike riding, I haven't ridden a bike in like 2 years.
Completed: The day before Hope left. Hope bought a bike but we couldn't figure out how to take it apart so we rode it around at night. It was fun and I do plan on riding it more often now.

2. Go swimming at night, I don't like to get dark so I swim at night.
Completed: July 8, 2009 with Hope, Genedel and Audrey. It was so much fun, Hope was freaking out over the bugs that were in the pool. Classic Hope...

3. Go to the Zoo and the Wild Animal Park. Audrey and I have passes and we haven't really used them yet.
Completed: June 20, 2009 with Katie, Sarah, and Audrey. We FINALLY had a GLAOver day at the Zoo. It was raining but we still had fun. I even got a panda umbrella!

4. Go to the Temple before August. We're going with the Grovers for GLAOver Night.
Completed: June 27, 2009 with the Chula Vista 5th Ward.

5. Go somewhere I've never been. That doesn't mean that I need to leave San Diego, I just want to see somewhere new.
Completed: Sometime in July? I went to Knotts Berry Farm with Hope, Mack, and Audrey. It's a pretty cool place. I fell in love with Dip n' Dots when we were there. Those things are so refreshing on a hot day.

6. Finish my room. My Mom told us that if we cleaned our rooms before break is over and we kept them clean then she would give us money, that's how desperately she wants our rooms clean, so I'm going to do it BUT I'm also going to paint my room and move my furniture around and make it more fun to live in.

7. Go to Six Flags. My Dad's been wanting to go for YEARS and we still haven't gone. Also, Q wants to go too so we HAVE to do this this year.
Completed: June 25, 2009 with Dad, Bridget, and Audrey. Dad was really excited and he kept making us take pictures but it was really fun. Audrey and I have season passes so we can go anytime now. Its REALLY far though...

8. Eat Cotton Candy. I've had this obsession for cotton candy for a while now. I never really had it as a child and I never loved it but I had it when we went to Six Flags last year and now I can't get over it. I really want some good cotton candy!
Completed: June 6, 2009 with Genessy, Gleeson, and Audrey at Disneyland. I bought cotton candy TWICE this summer but only got to eat it as cotton candy once because apparently, cotton candy doesn't stay cottony forever. It was just as good as I remember and I still love it but one is good enough for me. It's too sugary...

9. Go to LA and hang out with my cousins. I never really liked being in LA because my parents always made us just sit there and it was boring but now that I'm older I see how much fun my cousins are and I love being with them.
Completed: October 17, 2009. We went to my Tita Jean's baby shower at the Bascara's house. I love my cousins, they are all so funny. We had a lot of fun playing baby shower games and watching gross and scary youtube videos.

10. Watch The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien. I'm SO happy that he's in LA I hope we get tickets.
Completed: July 8, 2009 with Ken, Bridget, and Audrey. The guests were Meredith Vieira, Andy Hillstrand (from Deadliest Catch), and Al Madrigal. They were all funny and I felt like our audience was good so it was a lot of fun. I can't wait to go again!

11. Go to the San Diego County Fair. I really want to have the Mexican Funnel Cake. That was so good.
Completed TWICE: June 18, 2009 with Theresa, Elyse, Kurtis, Tristan, and Audrey. AND on June 26, 2009 with Ken, Bridget, and Audrey. That Funnel Cake was STILL good.

12. Make something. I want to either sew myself a dress OR I want to make a bookshelf, either one would be fine.
Completed October 4, 2009. I helped Audrey make her Halloween costume. She's going to be an Octopus. I'll put pictures up later. This should be interesting. She is going to be CRAZY hot.

13. Go to a concert. The last one I went to was when I was a Junior in High School. I really want to go to a good one.
Completed: June 26, 2009 with Ken, Bridget, and Audrey. We saw Switchfoot at the San Diego County Fair. It was fun but cold. Also, I don't know that many Switchfoot songs...

I think that's enough. I do know that I have more things I want to do but I can't think of them right now. I have 3 months to do all of this so hopefully I'll actually do it. If anyone wants to come with me to do any one of these just let me know. See YA!

2 comments:

  1. #6....okay, how old are you again? Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No wonder you didn't come visit me in DC...you didn't even set the goal. ;^(

    ReplyDelete